Monday, May 19, 2008

I would like to pause for a moment
and bow my head – or maybe simply bow –
to first loves.
Madness, the might of maybe, magic… mmmm…
to savor the sensual sound of the beloved’s breath,
to plunge into skin like a fanatic in trance,
to indulge amorous nonsense that claims no stance
but rather falls wildly without flailing (free),
held all the way down to subconscious glee
in the beloved’s embrace,
abandoning self in connection...

I would like to now collect myself (what’s left of me)
and give a nod – or maybe simply nod –
to home sweet home.
Let me lay my head in her lap,
and sleep deeply, for, for now,
a simple nap simply won’t do me.
Her soft eyes on me when I drift off,
and my eyes on her when I come to anchor,
not looking for something not yet found,
but rather mining mystery’s infinitely explorable layers.