Friday, January 15, 2010

"Conventional wisdom brings conventional results,"
"Look before you leap,"
"A stitch in time saves nine,"
They say, and I say, hey,
one of those is fine and good on its own,
but tryin' to do all I should, all alone,
I looked before I leaped
from Here to There, and as I peeked 'round
my feet slipped nine times down the mountain
till There became such high ground
that I could only wistfully wonder
how that greener grass over There might feel under
my toes.

"Just goes to show," They say,
"You shoul've taken the less-beaten road."
I reply with a cry, pointing to my bare feet:
"Simplify! simplify! simplify! Didn't you see
the spiny rocky path that way, They?! eh??"
"Okay, okay," say They, "but no pain no gain."
"Your refrain," say I, "will drive me lame,
plus, I got my own game, my own
reason and rhyme, so though I won't say
I don't appreciate your time,
I will say what's yours ain't mine."
And with that I leapt into the void.