Monday, November 12, 2007

CHORUS:
oh, come on!
gimme that turn on!
play me that song
I been seeking all along
that begins strong, throbs in throngs
then hums with vibratious strides
that flow you, ebb you like tides,
that song that
then strums melodious webs
that catch you, stick you inside
then roll you, spin you and win you
over to the sweetly sad, meekly mad,
justly joyous side.

Oh, I dare not deride
the wide wake words glide
into consciousnesses’ topside,
but dive me deep; abstraction’s steep
sweeps of current drive abhorrent
grasping at false control
to weep out waves of worry into tsunamis
to plunge me, bury me to fathoms,
blurry me, bleary me, weary me,
murky me, working me outta patterns
of logical lockdown, quirking me inta
spattered spaces full of flowing traces
of thought following rhythm’s paces.

CHORUS

Oh, give me beauty’s graces!
like a first kiss, resistance’s fist,
or a great twist of fate,
I am so satiated in the act
then after the fact, self-control gone,
I sing, my desire intact:

CHORUS