Monday, January 05, 2009

Here we go again… I mean, here we remain
runnin’ ‘round to wait in line
“You’ll be fine,” they say with a thin grin,
“just fine, just sign on this line”

I scratch my name into their dead tree pulp
I don’t even gulp, much less yelp that yulp
that’s been ticklin’ at the back of my throat
ack, I think, won’t let ‘em get my goat

(first they’ll have to attack this thought-moat
that I built with my own bleedin’ palms
‘round my nigh-impenetrable castle o’ calm,
then, they’ll have to offer alms all around

till they’ve found the right rejected pauper
who knows the proper way to the forgotten back gate
to the pen that fuckin’ buckin’ hissin’ pissin’ chewin’ n spewin’ goat is in
then they’ll have to catch the slippery bastard)

in the meantime, I think I’ll wait, getting number,
till they call my number…
but when they do, man have I got a plan:
I’ll surprise ‘em, yell “BINGO!” and go get my prize.